Large Firm Results, with Small Firm Personal Attention
- Joel A. Kobert & Lawrence P. Cohen were recognized as New Jersey's Top Rated Lawyers by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell in the August, 2012 edition of The Star-Ledger Inside Jersey magazine. Both Mr. Kobert & Mr. Cohen have been rated by their peers to be AV Preeminent – the highest Peer Review Rating available. The list of Top Rated lawyers was created by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, the company that has long set the standard for peer review ratings, sharing its list of lawyers who have reached the highest levels of ethical standards and professional experience.
To learn more about Martindale-Hubbell's AV ratings please visit: www.law.com/newjerseytoprated and www.martindale.com/ratings.
Founded in 1972, Courter, Kobert & Cohen, P.C., is one of New Jersey's most respected and skilled law firms. We successfully blend a large firm's resources and capabilities, and a small firm's ability to provide personal attention. Our primary goal is to focus on the needs of our clients and to provide them with the finest quality legal representation available.
A Premier Law Firm in New Jersey
The firm’s attorneys have received numerous professional accolades, including the highest "AV" rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers and a level of unparalleled respect from our clients, other attorneys, and members of the judiciary. We endeavor to create a partnership that is bound by honesty, competence, efficiency, and respect. Our firm's broad expertise permits our super lawyers to serve a wide range of clients, including large multinational corporations, governmental entities and individuals.
Committed to Excellence in Every Facet of our Practice
We take pride in the capabilities and diverse skills of our attorneys, all of whom demonstrate the highest legal and ethical standards. The firm’s super lawyers specialize in the following practice areas:
- Alternate Energy
- Banking Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Community Association Law
- Corporate and Transactional Law
- Criminal Law
- Education Law
- Government and Regulatory Affairs
- Insurance Defense
- Labor and Employment Law
- Municipal / Local Government
- Personal Injury Law
- Real Estate
- Transportation and Logistics Law
- Trusts and Estates / Probate Litigation Law
- Zoning, Planning and Land Use
We welcome the opportunity to serve your legal needs and are confident that you will benefit from our many years of achievement in the legal community. We encourage frequent communication with our clients and strive to create comfortable working and personal relationships.
Please feel free to contact us for an appointment to discuss your legal needs: (908) 852-2600.
Our law firm services clients in Central and Northern New Jersey, including Warren County, Sussex County, Morris County, Essex County, Sommerset County, Middlesex County, and Passaic County out of our two offices in Hackettstown and Morristown, New Jersey.